[OS X TeX] auto-pst-pdf

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Aug 13 20:00:15 CEST 2009

On Aug 13, 2009, at 12:20 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 13.08.2009 um 17:36 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
>
>> Hmmm... until I can figure out how auto-pst-pdf is doing its
>> internal compilations so that the internal cross-references work
>> properly the pst-pdfmk engine will not support this behavior. At
>> least temporarily my recommendation for the processing of the
>> figures and then the rest of the document given above is the best
>> answer.
>

> The best is not to use the auto package with latexmk because the
> latter compiles the source up to six times until everything is
> resolved and nothing changes.

Howdy,

I understand that. I'm trying to understand what is happening
internally in auto-pst-pdf to see the best way to accomplish the same
thing using latexmk and pst-pdf. I finally figured it out and now must
see how to do that with latexmk and, in particular, with my pst-pdfmk
engine and scripts.

I also think I can see a way to improve auto-pst-pdf so that it's
processing, when multiple runs is requested will always pick the right
number of runs to resolve cross-references, etc., before doing the
final run which crops the figures.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)