[OS X TeX] auto-pst-pdf

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Aug 11 16:00:05 CEST 2009

On Aug 11, 2009, at 8:30 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Aug 11, 2009, at 4:23 AM, Doris Wagner wrote:
>
>> hi list,
>>
>> when I compile this
>>
>> 	%!TEX TS-program = pdflatexmk
>>
>> 	\documentclass{article}
>> 	\usepackage[
>> 	    latex={-interaction=nonstopmode},
>> 	    crop=off,runs=2
>> 	  ]{auto-pst-pdf}
>> 	\begin{document}
>>
>> 	test
>>
>> 	\begin{pspicture}(10,10)
>> 	\psline[linewidth=2pt](0,0)(10,10)(0,10)(10,0)
>>
>> 	\end{pspicture}
>>
>> 	test
>>
>> 	\end{document}
>>

>> I get the following error message
>>
>> 	(/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-		dist/tex/latex/ifplatform/
>> ifplatform.sty)
>>
>> 	! LaTeX Error: Unknown option `runs' for package `auto-pst-pdf'.
>>
>> 	See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.
>> 	Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>>
>> 	l.58 \def
>>        \app at exe{\immediate\write18}
>> 	?
>>

>> I'm an mactex based on texlive 08 and using texshop;
>>
>> tia
>> doris
>

> Howdy,
>
> What version of auto-pst-pdf are you using? The run option wasn't in
> earlier versions. (Just throwing straws in the wind.) When I run
> this under either MacTeX-2008 (auto-pst-pdf 0.6) or MacTeX-2009-
> pretest it runs through. But there is a warning message on the
> console within the auto-pst-pdf runs:
>
> l.10 	\begin{pspicture}
>                       (10,10)
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.11 	\psline
>             [linewidth=2pt](0,0)(10,10)(0,10)(10,0)
>
> so it's clear that you are not using some packages that are needed
> (like pstricks?). Oh... the document seems to come out correctly.
> Finally, what is the complete console output? Is there a difference
> if you just use a single run (i.e., pdflatex rather than
> pdflatexmk)? By the way, is there a reason you're using the runs=2
> option; it is meant to tell auto-pst-pdf that there must be multiple
> INTERNAL runs since there are cross-references in your figures?
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

By the way, using the pst-pdf package along with the pst-pdfmk engine
(rather than the pdflatexmk engine) will accomplish the same thing as
auto-pst-pdf but automatically run the ``INTERNAL'' processing the
correct number of times to resolve any internal cross-references, etc.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)