[OS X TeX] Problem with aspell

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Aug 4 18:08:30 CEST 2009

On Aug 4, 2009, at 10:06 AM, Ralph Martin wrote:

>>> I am converting from 10.4 PPC to 10.5 INTEL.  I just installed the
>>> MacTex 2008 package and downloaded MacTextras.  Because I had used
>>> ispell/aspell for text files and in my alpine mailing program, I
>>> installed aspell.  I cannot get it to work.
>
> I vaguely seem to remember I had the problem, and I fixed it by
> COMPLETELY removing ALL of the files to do with the older PPC
> version before installing the Intel version.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Ralph
> --

Howdy,

A very tedious task since the installer doesn't have an un-install
option. I used Pacifist and looked in the three receipt pkgs and
manually deleted everything I found listed there. Then I re-installed
the Inter version and it all seems to work. I'd bet that there is some
configuration file, etc., that is different since all the binary
applications were Intel.

In any case it's now working and I'm back to happily using cocoAspell.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)