[OS X TeX] A Fix for the Corrupt Font Cache Bug (2)

David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, CFM drdbthompson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 05:07:41 CEST 2009

On Apr 6, 2009, at 08:36, Richard Koch wrote:

> Instead it contains its own version of these libraries, so the
> entire TeX system operates in a sort of ``box'' immune from changes
> in your system. Keeping this box internally consistent is a
> difficult task, and is the main reason that the core of TeX Live is
> released once a year (with upgrades via tlmgr for fonts, style
> files, etc.) rather than dribbling out over time.

Dick, I'm late in responding to this, but think I should add my voice
to the many others who appreciate all the hard work required to
develop and maintain the core programs I rely on for my writing tasks.
I seriously appreciate that work and the ingenuity required to
discover and repair this arcane bug. Thanks for the post and for the
fix. You have my gratitude.

-=d