[OS X TeX] Installing .sty file, help needed

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Apr 11 00:46:07 CEST 2009

On Apr 10, 2009, at 3:37 PM, Luca Turchet wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> I am not able to install the .sty file. I have a Mac OS X 10.5.6 and
> I installed this version of latex: http://www.tug.org/mactex/
>
> So I have tex live....can someone explain me exactly what I have
> to do in order to install such files?
> Where I have to put them?
>
> I really need an help please!
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> Nice Easter
>

> Best regards
>

> Luca

Howdy,

Personal .sty files should be places in ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/
where ~ is your HOME directory and you create folders as necessary.

On the other hand, what are you trying to install? MacTeX 2008 is a
full TeX Live 2008 distribution and has many packages already
installed. I'd try to use the package you need without installing
anything at first; you may be amazed to find out it is already
installed and available to you.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)