[OS X TeX] Including eps figure

David Watson dewatson at me.com
Wed Apr 8 22:21:16 CEST 2009

On Apr 8, 2009, at 3:55 PM, Akshay Gulati wrote:

> Can any one tell me the format for including eps figure in latex. I
> am using something
> like below and not getting figure

Briefly, you have to use the graphics or graphicx package with
     \usepackage{graphicx}
in your preamble.

Then, assuming you are using TeXShop, you will want to select Tex and
DVI from the "Typeset" menu.
Then leave off the ".eps" from your filename.

> \begin{figure}
>   \includegraphics[width=2in]{example.eps}
>   \caption{example caption}
>   \label{fig:example}
> \end{figure}

If you want to use pdflatex (Pdftex), and not "Tex and DVI", then you
will need to convert your eps to pdf first.
One way of doing this is to double click open it with Preview, then
save the resulting PDF.