[OS X TeX] Mactex (texlive2008) input of shortcuts only works if input file in same directory as .tex

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Tue Sep 30 13:33:06 CEST 2008

On  30 Sep, 2008, at 05:20, Alex Hamann wrote:

> On 30.09.2008, at 13:08, Neal Beck wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Many thanks to you (Axel) and your colleagues. I checked the path
>> and of course you folks are right. I will take care of getting rid
>> of fink (was an older decision).
>>
>> However, and I have no idea if this is a bug or a miracle I was
>> expecting but should not have, when I do tex distribution in prefs,
>> the radio button is on texlive-2008. (Now I know about \sw I would
>> not have been fooled.) I have 3 dists (Fink, tl2007 and 2008, but I
>> am staring right now at the radio button on 2008).
>>
>> if you are interested, my mac put the space in nealbeck 1 when I
>> was moving stuff from an old mac
>>
>> thanks again
>> neal
>
> Hi,
>
> as far as I know, the Fink distro is not integrated into the TeX
> Distribution Panel.

As far as I know, it is.

> As it puts itself before anything else in the path, it is absolutely
> possible to have a TeXLive-based distro checked there but still have
> a system that relies on version installed by find.

Right. But front-ends (TeXShop, iTeXmac) have their path set to /usr/
texbin. The Preference panel sets /usr/texbin as a symlink to the
distribution you choose. Maybe there is a way to tell Aquamacs to use
that path as well (then no need to get rid of Fink's teTeX).

Best,

Axel