[OS X TeX] BBEdit integration scripts / interactive mode

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 27 23:39:46 CEST 2008

On 27 sep 2008, at 02:06, Richard Seguin wrote:

> Maarten Sneep's "Run pdflatex" script invokes a nonstop typeset
> mode. Has anyone successfully modified this script so that it
> invokes an interactive typeset, i.e., it stops at the first error
> like TeXShop does? It would also be nice if the terminal window
> could be moved to the foreground when there is an error, but I
> imagine that this may not be easy if not impossible.

I could add a "debug" option, which you can run in case of trouble. I
tried to run in modes other than nonstop, and found that annoying.
Latex will not finish when an error occurs and it is run in anything
other than nonstop mode, it will just sit and way for input. This
means that the only way to continue in that mode is to always bring
the terminal forward before a run, error or no error (and perhaps send
it to the background if all went fine). This is something I do not
want myself. If you fancy this, the calls are in the CompileTeX-engine
shell script. Be sure to add lines that look like

osascript -e 'tell application "Terminal" to activate'
and
osascript -e 'tell application "BBedit" to activate'

in strategic locations.

Note that the full compile will run the file and go the the indicated
source of the error if an error is detected.

Best,

Maarten