[OS X TeX] pdflatex and TL2008

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at GMX.DE
Sun Sep 21 04:54:13 CEST 2008

Justin C. Walker schrieb:

> A followup question: Does this explain why trying to update or install
> 'pdflatex' by name, from several different mirrors, fails?

Probably yes, because, logically speaking, you cannot update a package
that has not been installed before (or that has been deleted meanwhile).
Instead, you have to install it again...

I must admit that I don't like update managers. I have never used the
package manager in MiKTeX, and I probably won't use tlmgr either...

Jürgen.