[OS X TeX] MacTeX 2008: Can't find base packages

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Sep 13 21:03:11 CEST 2008

On Sep 13, 2008, at 1:56 PM, Simon Spiegel wrote:

> I did several updates in the last days, there were errors because
> the net connection wasn't always there, but I can't remember
> specific errors. Anyway, the last update I did was without any errors.
> simon

This first version of tlmg has some rough edges and could delete a
file before downloading a the replacement so you could lose files. If
the ``registration'' is also removed the system may not ``kow'' it's
lost. I hate to suggest it, but I think you should re-install MacTeX
and start from scratch.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)