[OS X TeX] Using the install-tl script on Mac OS instead of the MacTeX.dmg

Arthur Ogawa arthur_ogawa at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 13 02:01:27 CEST 2008

I had installed TeX Live 2008 via the install-tl script last month,
and I would now like to install the remaining bits, like TeXShop,
FlashMode, and friends.

The MacTeX website explains how to do things the other way around. Is
there information about approaching things the way I did? Is there a
bill of materials for the MacTeX.mpkg.zip that I can refer to?

I may remark that I think the install-tl script is a good idea,
because of being less demanding of computing resources than the
alternative: to download a 1.2GB .zip file. So perhaps we might think
of a different way of proceeding, now that TeX Live 2008 is here.

Arthur Ogawa