[OS X TeX] Flashmode and Synctex

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Sep 12 21:22:30 CEST 2008

I just learnt from Dick that

The setting "Both" ignores SyncTeX and uses my search method, or falls
back on the old pdfsync method!

Sorry, I didn't test the settings thoroughly enough.

After retesting with the correct settings (Synctex) I got the
following impression:

The syncing pdf -> tex is accurate up to the word for plain text, and
almost for in line  commands; clicking a display equation shows (\end)
{equation} in the tex file.

The reverse syncing tex -> pdf is also accurate up to a word as far as
plain text is concerned, to sync a display equation one should click
the word equation in \end{equation}. Syncing a command like
\cite{xxxxx} should be avoided however, instead plain text, nearby,
should be clicked.

Hence, my previous compliments should be redirected to Dick, and I
congratulate Jérome for his excellent work.

Claus