tlmgr (was: [OS X TeX] MacTeX-2008)

Herbert Schulz herbs at
Tue Sep 9 15:29:18 CEST 2008

On Sep 9, 2008, at 4:43 AM, Vincent McGarry wrote:

>> option key [value]
> The result on my system is:
> Setting other options currently not supported, please edit
> texlive.tlpdb! at /usr/texbin/tlmgr line 862, <TMP> line 90289.
> option [show] works as described.
> Vince McGarry

You need to put sudo in front.

This really worked well! The GUI update worked fine too; even with
pressing Update All. It seems to me that one way to use the mirrors is
to use the server the mirror supplies for the complete run. That still
doesn't guarantee a fast server and certainly doesn't guarantee that
removing a file before downloading its replacement is safe.

Thanks for that information!

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at