[OS X TeX] TexShop suddenly can't find pdflatex.fmt (even though it's there)

Nathaniel Pearson nathaniel.pearson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 22:52:38 CEST 2008

Hi Herb,

Thanks for helping.  I'm not sure what my $PATH is (sorry, I'm a linux
amateur here...).  which latex gives:

/sw/bin/pdflatex

Texshop typesetting prefs:
Default command: latex
Default script: pdftex

Engine prefs: path settings for pdftex: /usr/texbin
distller: /usr/local/bin

Does that help explain what's happening?  Thanks,

Nathan