[OS X TeX] TeXLive-2008 and the diminished dingbat package

Thomas Rike tricycle222 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 8 06:49:01 CEST 2008

I just finished installing TeXLive-2008 and tried to typeset my book
which typeset without problems yesterday with TeXLive-2007.
Unfortunately, none of the dingbats (\eye, \smallpencil, \largepencil)
were created and roman letters were substituted.
I finally discovered that an invisible file
Users/trike/.texlive2008/texmf-var/fonts/pk/ljfour/public/dingbat/
is set up in the home directory and this file only has two sizes in it
compared with 9 sizes that were available for TeXLive-2007.

Is there some way to make all the sizes available without replacing
the directory in the invisible file  that was installed with
TeXLive-2008?

Thanks in advance, Tom Rike