[OS X TeX] Context on TeXshop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Sep 7 23:51:00 CEST 2008

On Sep 7, 2008, at 3:37 PM, Richard Koch wrote:

> On Sep 7, 2008, at 1:19 PM, Eric DÉTREZ wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to force texshop to compile with context ?
>
> This is a good question. The trick is to invent your own engine for
> ConTeXt rather than using TeXShop's built in command. Then you can
> make a corresponding directive in the source. Sorry, I never did
> make a directive to call TeXShop's built in command.
>
> Dick
>
> PS: The build in command is
>
> 	texexec --pdf "${filename}"----------- Please Consult the Following
> Before

Howdy,

To build your context.engine file first go to ~/Library/TeXShop/
Engines/ (where ~ is your HOME directory) and duplicate one of
the .engine files already there (Cmd-D) [this is to retain the
executable nature of the script]. Then name the duplicated file
context.engine and double click it to open it in TeXShop. Replace the
contents of the context.engine file with

#!/bin/bash
texmfstart texexec --pdf --passon="-synctex=1" "$1"

and save it. (Note: this is for use with MacTeX-2008 and TeXShop 2.18
--- you can leave out the `--passon="-synctex=1' if you are using
MacTeX 2007 or some other TeX distribution) and then, at the top of
your file put

%%!TEX TS-program = context

and TeXShop should automatically run a context compile when you press
Typeset->Typerset (Cmd-T).

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)