[OS X TeX] customizing latex-suite

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 7 14:53:42 CEST 2008

On 07-09-2008, at 12:44, Doris Wagner wrote:

> <schnipp>
>
> " By default, when you compile a tex file using \ll, then you will be
> " generating a .dvi file. Change this line if you want to set
> another default.
> " NOTE: Make sure that a target for this format exists in the
> 'Compiler rules'
> "       section below and is set up properly for your system.
> if has('macunix')
>        TexLet g:Tex_DefaultTargetFormat = 'pdf'
> else
>        TexLet g:Tex_DefaultTargetFormat = 'dvi'
> endif
>
> <schnapp>
>
> there are also some other little things that suggest that my latex-
> suite-installation does not know that its installed on a mac.

This is Vim. Not LaTeX and not MacTeX.

I would imagine a better place to ask questions would be  here:

http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=475 and http://vim-latex.sourceforge.net/

unless of course someone on this list knows about Vim.
I wouldn't have a clue.
BTW: you could always just delete the if/else/endif and just force
generation of pdf.

Berend