[OS X TeX] customizing latex-suite

Doris Wagner doris.wagner at mac.com
Sun Sep 7 12:44:28 CEST 2008

hi list,

I'm about to learn latex-suite. the docu says that for mac-systems the
default-output is pdf, but in my case it is not (dvi is generated).
the texrc-file contains the following:

<schnipp>

" By default, when you compile a tex file using \ll, then you will be
" generating a .dvi file. Change this line if you want to set another
default.
" NOTE: Make sure that a target for this format exists in the
'Compiler rules'
"       section below and is set up properly for your system.
if has('macunix')
         TexLet g:Tex_DefaultTargetFormat = 'pdf'
else
         TexLet g:Tex_DefaultTargetFormat = 'dvi'
endif

<schnapp>

there are also some other little things that suggest that my latex-
suite-installation does not know that its installed on a mac.

anyone can help me?

tia
doris