[OS X TeX] xelatexmk and fontspec

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Sep 7 09:50:27 CEST 2008

Am 07.09.2008 um 03:18 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> At first glance it appears that you are using an AAT font so you
> must use the xdv2pdf driver since xdvipdfmx doesn't support that
> Apple only technology.

Herb,

this is not true! The warnings you see come from the fontspec
package. It tries to build a family set of four variants (and Monaco
has only one member) and it tries to access particular font features,
that might not always be available. With Hoefler Text I get:

	Package fontspec Warning:
	    AAT feature 'Numbers=Lining' (21,1) not available
	    in font "Hoefler Text/AAT"
	This warning occured on input line 9.

	\c at zf@famc at Hoefler Text=\count96
	Package fontspec Info: Defining font family for 'Hoefler Text' with
options
	[Mapping=tex-text,Numbers=Lining,Scale=1.05] on input line 9.

	Package fontspec Warning:
	    AAT feature 'Numbers=Lining' (21,1) not available
	    in font "Hoefler Text/AAT"
	This warning occured on input line 9.

	Package fontspec Warning:
	    AAT feature 'Numbers=Lining' (21,1) not available
	    in font "Hoefler Text/AAT"
	This warning occured on input line 9.

... and a PDF output file from xdvipdfmx:

	Creator:         XeTeX output 2008.09.07:0936
	Producer:       xdvipdfmx (0.7.3)
	CreationDate:   Sun Sep  7 09:36:54 2008
	Tagged:         no
	Pages:          1
	Encrypted:      no
	Page size:      595.27 x 841.82 pts (A4)
	File size:      26216 bytes
	Optimized:      no
	PDF version:    1.4

name                           type              emb sub uni object ID
YOMHMN+HoeflerText-Regular     CID TrueType      yes yes yes      5  0

--
Greetings

   Pete

Never be led astray onto the path of virtue