[OS X TeX] Curious xelatex font problem

Reinaert Albrecht pacasals at wol.be
Sun Sep 7 07:31:22 CEST 2008

On 06-09-2008 19:25:18 -0500, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Sep 6, 2008, at 11:48 AM, Reinaert Albrecht wrote:
>
>> I have a curious xelatex font problem. I'm using mactex (tested both
>> 2007 and
>> 2008 version) and when I use a user font with fontspec xelatex
>> complains about
>> tfm-files not being found but only when run from the command line.
>> When I
>> compile the exact same file with texshop everything works fine.
>>
>> Using system fonts gives me no problem at all curiously.
>>
>> Moving the user installed fonts to the system directory changes
>> nothing. As
>> far as I can check both the command line and texshop use the exact
>> same binary
>> of xelatex. The environment is also the same. I checked this in the
>> 2007 and
>> 2008 version of mactex and both give me the same problem.
>>
>> Does anybody have an idea of what is going on here?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Reinaert Albrecht
>

> Howdy,
>
> What are the contents of your xelatex.engine file (found in ~/Library/
> TeXShop/Engines/) and what is your command line call?

My command line call is xelatex bu.tex. The contents of my xelatex.engine file
are:
#!/bin/tcsh

set path= ($path /usr/texbin /usr/local/bin)
env | sort -o ~/TeXShop_Environment
which xelatex >> ~/TeXShop_Environment
xelatex  -output-driver="xdvipdfmx -q -E" "$1"

I introduced the output-driver part after another problem with texshop where
it would not want to compile a long file with a lot of pdfs as images. That
being said, it does not influence the problem here. When I use the same
command on the command line in macosx screen then I'm stuck with the exact
same problem and the resultant log files differ only on the date and time.

Kind regards

Reinaert Albrecht