[OS X TeX] Curious xelatex font problem

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Sep 6 19:38:20 CEST 2008

Am 06.09.2008 um 18:48 schrieb Reinaert Albrecht:

> As far as I can check both the command line and texshop use the
> exact same binary
> of xelatex. The environment is also the same.

When these two assertions are true, then the result of both methods
to produce a PDF file from a TEX file has to be the same as well.

In shell you can check the environment with the env command. The
which command will tell you which xelatex programme you're using. In
TeXShop it's possible that you have set a particular fixed path ...
To check with TeXShop what is uses and sees, you can create a little
(env.)engine file with this contents:

	env | sort -o ~/TeXShop_Environment
	which xelatex >> ~/TeXShop_Environment

Then use it to "typeset" some *TeX file. The results will be in the
file TeXShop_Environment in your home directory.

--
Greetings

   Pete

A morning without coffee is like something without something else.