tlmgr (was: [OS X TeX] MacTeX-2008)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Sep 6 17:37:57 CEST 2008

Am 06.09.2008 um 14:00 schrieb Michael Kubovy:

> So can anyone suggest how I can install tlmgr properly?

On Tiger I am using Perl from ActiveState:
Products/activeperl/index.mhtml. Here Perl, too, has a problem to
find modules. In my case I can simply invoke:

	env PERL5LIB=/usr/local/ActivePerl-5.10/lib tlmgr --gui &

Could be you need to add: /usr/local/texlive/2008/tlpkg, from where
TeXLive/ can be found ...

Apple's Perl installation has the file /Library/Perl/5.8.6/
AppendToPath where additional paths can be added.

Only useless documentation transcends the first two laws.
				– Arnold's Third Law of Documentation