[OS X TeX] SyncTeX and Beamer

Peter Vamos P.Vamos at exeter.ac.uk
Fri Sep 5 22:21:36 CEST 2008

Installed MacTeX 2008 10.5.4 on an Intel Mac without a hitch, thank
you Dick and all those involved.

Was curious to try out SyncTeX. Alas, it doesn't seem to work with
the Beamer class.

Specifically, it works from the source to the Preview as advertised
but command clicking in Preview will just highlight the command
\end{frame} for the appropriate frame. Switching back to Search
performs as before, and will, (usually) highlight the relevant input
in source.

So for me at least, Search beats SyncTeX in a Beamer document. Am I
missing something? (Yes I do have the the .SyncTex.gz file
generated.) Can someone else also reproduce this behaviour?

Peter