[OS X TeX] mactex 2008 and MathTime Pro

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Fri Sep 5 23:48:07 CEST 2008

Le 5 sept. 08 à 23:30, Herbert Schulz a écrit :

> But, I'm now worried about a pre-existing updmap.cfg in your
> personal tree. Look in ~/Library/texmf/web2c. You might have it in
> ~/.texlive2008 or something like that.

Yes, problems might be caused by stuff in ~/.texlive2007 or
~/.texlive2008. Themis mentioned using

	locate mtpro2.map

That's irrelevant here. What's important for TeX and friends is

	kpsewhich mtpro2.map

Given the indications Themis gave about dual installation in ~/Library/
texmf and /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local, and given the former comes
before the latter for TeX and friends (ie for kpathsea), the output
should be

	/Users/themis/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/mtpro2/mtpro2.map

When you operate updmap, it should tell which updmap.cfg it's reading
from and writing to. For example here, with everything in /usr/local/
texlive/texmf-local, when running "sudo -H updmap-sys", I'm getting as
part of the output

updmap: This is updmap, version 1211742332
updmap: using transcript file `/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-var/web2c/
updmap.log'
updmap is creating new map files using the following configuration:

   config file: `/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg'
   dvips output directory: `/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-var/fonts/
map/dvips/updmap'
   pdftex output directory: `/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-var/fonts/
map/pdftex/updmap'
   dvipdfm output directory: `/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-var/fonts/
map/dvipdfm/updmap'

Bruno Voisin