[OS X TeX] mactex 2008 and MathTime Pro

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at engr.psu.edu
Fri Sep 5 21:42:07 CEST 2008

On Sep 5, 2008, at 2:37 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> Do you have mtpro.map in:
>
> ~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/mtpro2/mtpro2.map
>
> and the type 1 fonts in:
>
> ~/Library/texmf/fonts/type1/pctex/mtpro2

I do have these files. I have /Users/themis/Library/texmf/fonts/map/
dvips/mtpro2/mtpro2.map
and also /Users/themis/Library/texmf/fonts/type1/pctex/mtpro2 that
contains pfb and pfm files.

But I discovered that I also have
     /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/map/dvips/mtpro2/mtpro2.map,
and
     /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/type1/pctex/mtpro2 (with pfb
and pfm files)

I suppose at some point I was confused about the proper location of
the font files so I installed in both locations. I am the only user on
my machine so I don't need system-wide fonts. The other weird thing is
that when I type in the terminal,

      locate mtpro2.map

it retrieves the map file in usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/ but not
the one in /Users/themis/Library/texmf/ (although I can navigate to
the latter via finder).

Themis