[OS X TeX] mactex 2008 and MathTime Pro

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Sep 5 20:52:46 CEST 2008

On Sep 5, 2008, at 1:33 PM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> On Sep 5, 2008, at 2:21 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:
>
>> On Sep 5, 2008, at 2:19 PM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:
>>
>>> After updating to mactex 2008 I can't access my MathTime Pro
>>> fonts, which are installed in ~/Library/texfm. What is the magic
>>> command?
>>
>> The following has worked for me on 4 different machines:
>>
>> updmap --enable Map mtpro2.map
>
> It is not working here...
>
> kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 0+420/600 --
> dpi 420 mt2mis
> mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for mt2mis.
> kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
> )
> !pdfTeX error: /usr/texbin/pdflatex (file mt2mis): Font mt2mis at
> 420 not found
>
> ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
>
> Themis

Here's what I have for mathtime pro 2 (I don't know if you need all of
this):

sudo mktexlsr
sudo -H updmap-sys --nohash --nomkmap --syncwithtrees
sudo -H updmap-sys --nohash --nomkmap --disable belleek.map
sudo -H updmap-sys --nohash --nomkmap --enable Map mt-yy.map
sudo -H updmap-sys --nohash --nomkmap --enable Map mt-plus.map
sudo -H updmap-sys --nohash --nomkmap --enable Map mtpro2.map
sudo -H updmap-sys

You don't need the mktexlsr line since things are in your personal
texmf tree. You SHOULDN'T use the -H option since that wouldn't look
into you personal texmf tree. If you want to produce a personal map
file you don't need the sudo and use updmap rather than updmap-sys.

I've taken to putting all added fonts into /usr/local/texlive/texmf-
local/ and using the system update. Then I can switch user to do
testing and still have access to all of the fonts.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)