[OS X TeX] MacTeX-2008 Status

Roberto Avanzi roberto.avanzi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 23:22:57 CEST 2008

On Sep 3, 2008, at 10:50 PM, David Watson wrote:

> I understand your predicament, and I would not violate any set policy.
> I would, however, take a moment to educate the policy makers that,
> in certain cases, distribution through p2p is a necessary evil and
> the only real remedy is education and an honor policy.

p2p, especially the bittorrent flavour, is used for several legal
applications. KDE has torrents, and several other projects.
Bittorrent is perhaps the most "neutral" of the protocols and it is
safe and reliable.  I could get MacTeX 2008 and share it twice (2.4 Gb
back) in just a few hours.

  best
   Roberto