[OS X TeX] Suggestion: hyperlinks between MacTeX-2008 and MacTeX-2007's pages

Wendy McKay wgm at cds.caltech.edu
Thu Sep 4 20:29:32 CEST 2008

Franck

Sorry for the top posting.
Now, that we can breathe again for a little while,
I'll look into your suggestion.  We specifically preserved the 2007 links
for anyone wanting to go back to "some" parts/pages of the older
installation.

My recommendation though would be that if 2007 version breaks, is to bite
the bullet and  move to 2008, which is more uptodate with the current TeXLive.
People should keep a backup copy of the  MacTeX .dmg or now .zip files
after downloading

The reason the link is not yet there is because Dick and I had no time
to figure out where to put it, and we had to move up the 2008 site to the
top level and worry about avoiding bringing down the servers.  We'll have
to discuss it and what disclaimers to put if the 2007.dmg  cannot be found
on CTAN any longer.

I have redirected the /mactex/2008/ to /mactex/  as the pages are
already out of date compared with the official release on

 	http://www.tug.org/mactex/

If bugs are reported, please be sure that they come  from this site.

Thanks,
 	wendy