BitTorrent Was: [OS X TeX] MacTeX-2008 Status

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at
Wed Sep 3 15:31:44 CEST 2008

On Sep 3, 2008, at 4:01 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> In any case, I don't like the idea of traffic going through my
> computer without myself knowing what goes through and where, so I
> won't be using BitTorrent.

The question is indeed whether the torrent could infiltrate my computer.

It doesn't seem to be able to. See

And then "not knowing" is also the argument against open source:
"When I get MS Office, I know where it comes from, when I get  open
XXX, I have no idea."

So, I think I will get Vuze (ex azureus) or transmission and fiddle
around. But absolutely NOT for MacTeX-2008.