BitTorrent Was: [OS X TeX] MacTeX-2008 Status

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 15:31:44 CEST 2008

On Sep 3, 2008, at 4:01 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> In any case, I don't like the idea of traffic going through my
> computer without myself knowing what goes through and where, so I
> won't be using BitTorrent.

Mmm

The question is indeed whether the torrent could infiltrate my computer.

It doesn't seem to be able to. See

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_(protocol)

And then "not knowing" is also the argument against open source:
"When I get MS Office, I know where it comes from, when I get  open
XXX, I have no idea."

So, I think I will get Vuze (ex azureus) or transmission and fiddle
around. But absolutely NOT for MacTeX-2008.

Regards
--schremmer