[OS X TeX] MacTeX-2008 Status

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Wed Sep 3 14:14:29 CEST 2008

Peder Axensten wrote:
[]
> BitTorrents seem to be associated with pirate copy distribution, but it
> is a very efficient protocol for distributing large files to many clients.

Rather interesting experience for a first-time user. For me, this is not
fast, download at about 10KB/s. At the current speed, downloading this
thing will take 2 days. Upload started immediately, and at 3 to 10 times
the download speed. Apparently many users are not very social and block
upload (among them, if I read the list right, you, Peder).

--
Martin