[OS X TeX] Annoying behavior in TeXShop 2.18

Wendy McKay wgm at cds.caltech.edu
Mon Sep 1 22:43:26 CEST 2008

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008, Herbert Schulz wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Well, <http://tug.org/mactex/2008/> should also work. The blank page was
> probably cached in your browser.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest.com)

I will confess to having turned off the /mactex/2008/ page when everyone
was leaking the news before the official announcement.  We were still
working on the pages right up to when Dick sent out the news of the
release.  As Bruno mentioned we don't want to bring down the TUG server

When all the mirrors have a copy, we will make the downloading links
for MacTeX-2008 active again.
If you find any misleading/broken links/text please send a report with the
URL of the page where the link originates and the link itself.  This will
expedite matters. The hasty transistion was done in less than 24 hours.
It is a work in progress still.

Sorry about the wait.  I know you are anxious to try the new
release out, but please be patient.  By the way we noticed the news was
being spread under the title "Annoying behavior in TeXshop" ---not fair to
our hero and creator of these magnificent packages!

Thanks,
 	wendy