[OS X TeX] Slow MacTeX 2008

David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, CFM drdbthompson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 16:50:58 CET 2008

On Oct 28, 2008, at 08:01, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> I did notice that the leading terms in the PATH were /sw/bin which
> means that there is some Fink software around. Was there a Fink
> teTeX installed? This has lead to all sorts of problems because of
> the way fink places its bin directory at the front of the PATH. If
> the only Fink software that has been installed is teTeX I'd remove
> it and then check your .profile, .bash_profile, etc., to see if
> there is anything that loads a config file that sets the profile.

I'll track this down and test Maarten's suggestions when I return home
this evening.

The desktop is probably 2004 vintage and a number of programs have
been on and off that system. I think I used fink at one time to do an
octave install, but I've slept since then and don't remember
everything. I may have used a tetex install as well.

Thanks for the pointers all. I'll check back in when I've done the
testing.

-=d