[OS X TeX] Slow MacTeX 2008

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Oct 28 16:01:36 CET 2008

On Oct 28, 2008, at 9:26 AM, Nestor Aguilera wrote:

> Perhaps updating the locate database (sudo /usr/libexec/
> locate.updatedb) will help?
>
> Nestor

Howdy,

Don't believe the locate database is used for searching for executables.

I did notice that the leading terms in the PATH were /sw/bin which
means that there is some Fink software around. Was there a Fink teTeX
installed? This has lead to all sorts of problems because of the way
fink places its bin directory at the front of the PATH. If the only
Fink software that has been installed is teTeX I'd remove it and then
check your .profile, .bash_profile, etc., to see if there is anything
that loads a config file that sets the profile.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)