[OS X TeX] wierd rule behavior

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Oct 8 14:58:00 CEST 2008

On Oct 8, 2008, at 6:08 AM, Christopher Allen wrote:

>> Thanks for your comments.  I don't know if you saw it, but someone
>> else said that HP
>> had just updated their print drivers and he suspected that may have
>> something to do with
>> it.  Your experience seems to add some more evidence to that view.
>
> I saw that. However, I've seen this issue on HP printers for
> probably at least a year now. So it's unlikely to necessarily be
> from new drivers. However, it could be that the problem expanded
> with new drivers, that some drivers were fine until more recently
> while others already had the problem.
>
> Chris

Howdy,

I'm not familiar with the particular HP Printer models mentioned along
the way but I know that some HP printers (at least the laser printers)
have a Postscript Interpreter built-in. Is it easy to set up those
printers to use a PS driver? I know that the PS driver I use with my
Brother laser printer can print maths that made the regular driver
choke.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)