[OS X TeX] Beamer bug? \beamertemplatetransparentcovereddynamic + tabular

Christopher Menzel cmenzel at tamu.edu
Sun Oct 5 03:32:41 CEST 2008

I've found what seems to be a minor Beamer bug.  The display option
\beamertemplatetransparentcovereddynamic (and related options)
together with \pause commands nicely displays increasingly faint
renditions of upcoming bullet points of a slide, as seen here: http://cmenzel.org/Beamer.png
.  One should be able to get the same effect out of \pause for the
successive rows of a table (generated by a tabular environment).
However, this does not appear to work.  Here's a pic from a
presentation I prepared this week that illustrates the problem:  http://cmenzel.org/BeamerBug.png
  .  I have a \pause command inserted after the code for each row of
the table and, in this slide, the presentation is \pause'd due to the
occurrence of the command following the first row.  As you can see,
all of the first row is visible but only the first columns of the next
rows are visible and increasingly faint.  The second columns of those
rows should be similarly faint.  But instead the second column of
*every* row in the table is fully visible.

This appears to be a bug; if I don't use the \beamertemplate... option
the pause commands work as expected.  I could find no reference to
this issue on the web.  Any information appreciated.

Thanks.

Chris Menzel