[OS X TeX] Autorotation again

Roberto Avanzi roberto.avanzi at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 06:00:53 CEST 2008

On Oct 3, 2008, at 5:08 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Since updates to simpdftex via tlmgr will wipe out any changes you
> make directly to that script the idea is to use another technique.
>
> I don't know if you use TeXShop but this is what I'd do.
> Unfortunately, simpdftex doesn't have an option to add options to
> the ps2pdf call so you can't just add it in the TeXShop preferences.
> However, if you use latexmk packaged for TeXShop (latest version is
> Latexmk401TeXShop218.zip on <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2> and it
> comes with instructions to install and use it) you can add the
> option to the $ps2pdf variable in ~/Library/TeXShop/bin/latexmkrc
> like this
>
> $ps2pdf = 'ps2pdf14 -dAutoRotatePages=3D/None %O %S %D';

I found a temporary solution by doing this

I created a directory .MacOSX in my user directory, and in it
I created a file called environment.plist containing the
following text

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd
">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
         <key>GS_OPTIONS</key>
         <string>-dAutoRotatePages=/None</string>
</dict>
</plist>

by this the GS_OPTIONS environment variable will contain the string  -
dAutoRotatePages=/None
for all my processes.  Then ps2pdf13 behaves well (in my opinion) and
this should be
resistant to TeXLive updates.  It would be nice if TeXShop has a way
to override this
in the case the Ghostscript distiller is used -- like a popup in the
"Distiller" area
of the "Misc" tab of the preferences pane...

  Roberto