[OS X TeX] Fun with multi-file projects

Roberto Avanzi roberto.avanzi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 21:36:51 CEST 2008

Recently I started playing a bit with headers like

%!TEX root = ../harvesting.tex

in included files.  This is very handy, compiles also from
the included files, and synctex is compatible with it.  Lot
of fun.

Sometimes I happen to open several included files at once
in TeXShop and what I see is disconcerting
included-file-1.tex opened, root file window gets opened
  then minimised
included-file-2.tex opened, root file window gets opened
  then minimised
included-file-3.tex opened, root file window gets opened
  then minimised
and so on.  This does not happen always, but only every
now and then.  I cannot reproduce this reliably.

while this is innocuous, this is also visually weird and
disturbing...  has anybody stumbled in this behaviour
yet?

  Roberto