[OS X TeX] Re: tlmgr failure

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 14:31:40 CET 2008

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 7:38 AM, Joachim Kreimer-de Fries
<Kreimer at jpberlin.de> wrote:

> Am 19.11.2008 um 12:14 schrieb Victor Ivrii:
>
> Another medicine:
>
> got update-tlmgr-latest.sh
>
> and run it
>
> I got that file already but I don't know how to run it.
> Sorry for the silly question which is not at all TeX specific. But Victor
> and surely many others could be so kind as to give the simple hint here, are
> you?
> thankful then,
> Goutgaun! joachim

WELCOME TO THE UNIX WORD!

Assume that you saved it on your Desktop.
Launch terminal which is in /Applications/Utilities [this is the only
Mac specific part]
Type in the prompt

% cd ~/Desktop
% chmod a+x update-tlmgr-latest.sh
% sudo ./update-tlmgr-latest.sh

enter password

You are done! It is prescription from K.Berry who wrote and rewrote
update-tlmgr-latest.sh

HTH Victor