[OS X TeX] Tlmgr after migration

Roberto Avanzi roberto.avanzi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 01:18:51 CET 2008

On Nov 24, 2008, at 12:17 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> You may have to re-install MacTeX-2008 since some links may be
> missing. To use the tlmgr GUI you've got to re-install the libraries
> it needs (perltk?) that should be found in a folder in /Applications/
> TeX/.

Well, I think I managed to get it going. I tried with ActivePerl and
ActiveTcl. No success. I tried to install Tk within perl. This failed.
Then I dug a Tk package outside the MacTeX-2008 package with Pacifist
and installed it.  It worked.

The moral of the story is that it would have been faster just to
reinstall the whole and reupdate it. Well, luckily one does not have
to transfer the whole content of a computer to another too often. And
for the user data, and most applications, migration assistant from a
time machine backup works fine. I just have to reinstall DxO and TeX.
Everything else (including Adobe apps with their registration!) is
carried fine.

  Roberto