[OS X TeX] How to make aquamacs find Sweave without needing to specify location

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 21 16:39:06 CET 2008

On 21 nov 2008, at 15:40, Christopher David Desjardins wrote:

> When I want to use Sweave currently I need to do the following:
>
> \usepackage{/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/share/texmf/
> Sweave}
>
> How can I set up aquamacs so that all I need to do is this?
>
> \usepackage{Sweave}

In the terminal:

mkdir -P ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/
cd ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/
ln -s /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/share/texmf/Sweave

This makes a symbolic link to the package so that if you update the R
application, tex will find the updated version as well. I took the
liberty of placing Sweave in the latex tree, as your syntax seems to
indicate that usage. This tree is searched without index files, so
there is no need for mktexlsr calls.

Maarten