[OS X TeX] latex->dvips->Distiller->Acrobat Professional

David Arnold dwarnold45 at suddenlink.net
Tue Nov 18 06:28:45 CET 2008

All,

Currently, in a terminal window, I am doing the following:

latex filename.tex
dvips filename.ps

Then I drag filename.ps from the finder onto my Acrobat Distiller icon.

Then I drag filename.pdf from the finder onto Acrobat Professional.

Does anyone have a script (or makefile) that will:

1. Close filename.pdf in Acrobat Professional, if open.
2. latex filename.tex.
3. dvips filename.dvi
4. Use the Acrobat Distiller to turn filename.ps to filename.pdf,
then close Distiller when finished.
5. Open the resulting filename.pdf in Acrobat Professional.

Thanks.