[OS X TeX] bibtex8 engine and %!TEX TS-program = XeLaTeX

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Nov 12 13:44:00 CET 2008

Am 12.11.2008 um 11:46 schrieb Alex Hamann:

> Problem is that with the TS-program defined as written above my
> bibtex8 engine stopped working and it is overridden by the TS-
> program setting. As I said, this will not happen with normal
> bibtex. How should I modify my bibtex8 engine in order for it to
> work regardless of the TS-program definition?

TeXShop's preferences allow only to use bibtex or jbibtex. In its
preferences list an option *seems* to exist:

	<key>BibtexCommand</key>
	<string>0</string>

Since the value for the key BibtexCommand is a string, one could
assume that setting it to another value could succeed. So you might
try on the command-line:

	defaults write TeXShop BibtexCommand <the name of your engine file>

If this fails you could rename your engine file to jbibtex and select
this BibTeX variant in the preferences. If TeXShop still fails to use
your script, then you'd need to install it in /usr/local/texlive/2008/
bin/universal-darwin as jbibtex ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Treffen sich zwei Funktionen.
Sagt die eine: „Verschwinde oder ich differenzier' dich!“
Erwidert die andere: „Ätsch, ich bin exponentiell!“