[OS X TeX] What is hijacking a thread?

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at GMX.DE
Wed Nov 5 20:03:32 CET 2008

BenBehr schrieb:

> But isn't Thunderbird on a mac just like thunderbird for win? So again a
> graphical mail Client?

Strictly speaking, even Gnus may be called a client that comes with a
"graphical" interface... Yes, TB is the same on every platform. But what
counts is what a client does "under the hood".

> Are Gnus and mutt only text based clients?

Yes. Gnus runs within Emacs, and mutt runs in your terminal. It is
easier to configure Gnus, while mutt is rather a tool for pros. I used
Gnus for years and switched to Thunderbird a year ago. I like TB. It
complies with free standards and just works fine.

Jürgen.