[OS X TeX] 2in1 package for lettersize?

Jan Anderssen jan at linguist.umass.edu
Mon Nov 3 20:06:33 CET 2008

Hi Chris.

I'm using pdfnup after compiling a one up file: http://go.warwick.ac.uk/pdfjam

It's nice in that you can reduce the margins of the original pages,
something that isn't an issue for paper sizes in the DIN A series, but
quite helpful for letter size, various journal sizes, etc. The obvious
disadvantage is that you have to run it separately. If you were to
need the script frequently, maybe you could incorporate it into
whatever compile mechanism your editor is using (e.g. customize a
TeXShop engine).

I'm just rereading your email - maybe what's crucial to you is to have
a single page number centered below the two landscape pages. pdfnup
won't do that out of the box, but I'm pretty sure you can adapt the
script to your needs. Somewhere inside the pdfnup script, you'll find
a simple LaTeX template using the pdfpages package:

\documentclass[papersize,orientation]{article}
\usepackage{pdfpages}
\begin{document}
\includepdf
[pages=,nup=,frame=,fitpaper=,trim=,delta=,offset=,scale=,turn=,noaut
oscale=,column=,columnstrict=,openright=]{pdfname}
\end{document}

Include pagecommand={} at the end of the \includepdf options and
possibly adjust the appearance of the page with your favorite
package(s).

Cheers,
Jan