[OS X TeX] OT: OS X 10.5.3

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed May 28 14:25:06 CEST 2008

On May 27, 2008, at 10:05 PM, David Cross wrote:

> Interesting ... I have 10.5.2 and I have had no trouble printing pdfs
> from Preview ... do it all the time.  What problems have others had?
> Cheers,
> David

There's a problem printing some pdf files which cotain expert fonts
(e.g., real small caps) and any application that uses the PDFKit
framework. I've got several that will crash TeXShop, Preview, etc.,
every time. The present work around is to use Adobe Reader to print
those files; not nice! :-(

Hopefully, 10.5.3 will have them fixed. I'm looking forward to its

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)