[OS X TeX] RTF to LaTeX Conversion

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Wed May 21 21:22:33 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 02:08:14PM -0500, Iraj Kalantari wrote:
> Hi Pete,
> I would like to convert a Word 2008-prepared document (RTF or .doc) into
> TeX on OS X.
> I found and tried rtf2latex2e.  But that runs on Mac Classics and is
> rather clumsy;  the result is not clean at all (and I plan to move on to
> Leopard).
> Thank you.
> Iraj.

You could try to compile r2f2latex from source; it is on CTAN. But
it hasn't been maintained in a long time.

The other day, I also had a look at http://www.chikrii.com/ But when
I realized that licences were tied to computers, not to users, I
thought better of it.

I ended up using the writer2latex plugin of OpenOffice.org. I tried
to edit/replace the configuration file to get cleaner output, but it
would only work with the default one. Otherwise it would fail
without usable diagnostics.

Siep Kroonenberg