[OS X TeX] Installing Monotype Times New Roman

Adam Fenn acwfenn at ntlworld.com
Mon May 19 07:16:58 CEST 2008

On 18 May 2008, at 09:33, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Try to run in sequence:
>
> updmap --disable mnt.map
> updmap --enable Map mnt.map
>
> open System Preferences > TeX Distribution and make sure TeXLive-2007
> is selected. Second step: navigate manually to /usr/local (for example
> Cmd-Shift-G in Finder) and check whether there's a teTeX directory
> there; if so, delete it (after saving all parts you might have added
> yourself willingly).
>
> You seem to use a setup combining scattered pieces from teTeX 2 with
> TeXLive 2007, which is prone to problems. I'd advise erasing
>
> /usr/local/texlive
> /usr/local/teTeX
> /User/administrators/Library/texmf
> /Users/administrators/.texlive2007
>
> completely, after saving from
>
> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local
> /User/administrators/Library/texmf
> /Users/administrators/.texlive2007

I have done all the above. When I now run TeX I get the message

[1{/Users/administrator/.texlive2007/tex
mf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map}]
){/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dis
t/fonts/enc/dvips/base/8r.enc}

pdfTeX warning: /usr/texbin/pdftex (file mntb8a.pfb): cannot open Type
1 font f
ile for reading

pdfTeX warning: /usr/texbin/pdftex (file mntbi8a.pfb): cannot open Type
1 font
file for reading

pdfTeX warning: /usr/texbin/pdftex (file mntr8a.pfb): cannot open Type
1 font f
ile for reading

pdfTeX warning: /usr/texbin/pdftex (file mntr8x.pfb): cannot open Type
1 font f
ile for reading

pdfTeX warning: /usr/texbin/pdftex (file mntri8a.pfb): cannot open Type
1 font
file for reading

The .texlive2007 directory has reappeared with a new updmap.cfg

Thanks for your help
Adam.