[OS X TeX] [OT] Upgrading from Tiger to Leopard

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Thu May 15 22:28:13 CEST 2008

Did a direct upgrade on a PPC G5 Dual, Powerbook G4 and MacBook Pro.
No problems in any case except the character set defaulting to Arabic,
and that was pretty annoying but was easily fixed :)

On 15/05/2008, at 10:45 PM, Eric van der Oord wrote:

> Sorry for these simple questions, but I dont find any answer in the
> archive.
> 	1. Is the 'upgrade' method safe ? Could it preserve my GW-TeX
> settings based on i-installer, and gv ?

Is it safe? Is anything on a computer 'safe'? Don't know about GW-TeX
settings or i-installer, I just use plain vanilla MacTeX on TeXLive.

> 	2. May I prefer 'erase & install' ? In that case are there known
> issues reinstaling TeX -- recent posts indicate problems with X11
> an  gv ?

You may prefer what you like ;) Not had any problems with X11 or gv.

Alan Litchfield MBus(Hons), MNZCS
School of Computer and Mathematical Sciences
AUT University
Private Bag 92006, Auckland, NZ