[OS X TeX] Mysterious behavior of Preview.app

Andrew Francis a.francis at uws.edu.au
Thu May 15 11:26:50 CEST 2008

I have had similar problems, with the wrong fonts used by preview and
TeXshop viewer, but everything appearing correctly in Adobe Reader.  It
seems that the font cache becomes corrupted somehow (apparently Adobe uses
its own fonts).  This can be fixed by installing Onyx
(http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/20070), and clearing the
font cache with it.  This then requires a reboot.

This corrects the problem on my machine, but unfortunately not permanently.
My fonts seem to continue to become corrupted and I haven't yet figured out
what process causes the corruption.

I hope this helps.  It comes from a tip from Herb Schulz on the ApfelWiki
site.

Andrew