[OS X TeX] Mysterious behavior of Preview.app

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu May 15 11:12:05 CEST 2008

Le 15 mai 08 à 10:44, Jin-Hwan Cho a écrit :

> Actually I'd like to know why Preview.app does not show nfssfont-new-
> w-cidmap.pdf  correctly
> but Adobe Reader do show correctly.

I would think one of the many bugs of PDFKit, the Cocoa framework (if
that is indeed the correct term) used to display PDF files on OS X (by
Preview, Mail, Safari, TeXShop, Finder, etc.) except by Adobe
applications (which include their own PDF rendering routines). I
imagine xpdf would display the file correctly as well.

Apparently PDFKit was reengineered considerably between Tiger and
Leopard (it was moved completely out of CoreGraphics), that might play
a role here. See for example <http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2007-June/031054.html
 >.

Bruno